Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dancy's doll quilt

My generous bloggy friend Stephanie sends me random "just because" packages because she's all kinds of awesome. When she heard I was making a Heather Ross sampler quilt, she sent me HR FQs that she found at Joannes to add to my collection. I've not met Stephanie in real life, yet her daughter, Dancy, knows my name. She has claimed the purse I made Stephanie as her own and carries her" babies" in it. I'm a sucker for cute little ones so I decided to make a doll quilt for Dancy and her babies. This was a kit that was in one of my recent packages. It was really easy to put together and fast too. It calls for monofilament thread for the quilting which I did not use. I matched thread color with the fabric instead and it worked great for the top of the quilt but was a hot mess on the back. It's a good thing toddlers don't have high standards for quilting. The doll quilt measures 17.25"x19.25".


Speaking of generous bloggy friends, Sarah agreed to send me some scraps of her Heather Ross collection from her quilt from AQB1. Apparently, Sarah and I have different definitions of "scraps".
Most of the pieces were FQ sized and up. She also sent me HR FQs that she found at Joannes too. I'm a lucky, lucky girl! Thank you so much Sarah!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! What generous, lovely, blog friends you have! Lucky girl! Love the doll quilt...real cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that DOLL QUILT and so will my sweet little one. She so knows your name and when she meets you she is going to be your instant best friend. (and so will I:) You are such an awesome friend and person. I am so glad that I virtually met you:)

    Those are some BIG pieces. You are a lucky ducky! You so deserve every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt you made is so cute and the fabric is wonderful. You are a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fabric and a fabulous doll quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous doll quilt...and, what a wonderful surprise for your friend's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely not call that scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good things come to good people! Don't you love getting unexpected goodies in the mail? Almost more sublime than chocolate.
    BTW how did Fatty like his "50th" quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have the greatest friends - all of us! It is so sweet to get sharesies from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blog!

    Meghan
    www.mygreatretreat.com
    www.tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete